Collagerie curates fashion, interiors and beauty across every price point – inspiring women to buy through our online marketplace. This is an exciting opportunity to provide technical and architectural leadership and to be part of the founding team of a rapidly growing fashion technology startup based in London, co-founded by former Vogue editors Lucinda Chambers and Serena Hood. Our mission is to celebrate shopping finding “the one thing over everything” leading a new frontier in online commerce driven by unparalleled content and curation. Described by Forbes as “the facelift online fashion has been looking for” - come be a part of our journey to grow and scale Collagerie as a global fashtech platform.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Lead to establish and implement the technical vision for our product roadmap, turning this into a reality within a target timeline.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Collagerie platform MVP has been developed by an external agency, but in line with the growth of the company, now is the right time to bring technology in house. The Technical Lead will be the first full time technology employee of the company. It is a hands-on role, and provides an amazing opportunity to shape the future of the platform from the very beginning.
Specifically, the Technical Lead will be responsible for:
· Building and leading the technology function.
· The technical strategy and development of the platform, from both an architectural and operational perspective.
· Process organisation and technical compliance
· Project management
Given the wide remit of the role and the nascent state of the platform, we are looking for a technology generalist who has the ability to span a wide range of disciplines. Not having direct experience of a specific technology or framework should be seen as a challenge and an opportunity to learn, rather than as a hindrance. You should be equally happy at the command line, in an IDE, or designing a relational schema.
In addition to the technical elements of the role, your leadership responsibilities will include hiring, building, and mentoring of a small (but growing) team.
Lastly, you will provide technical expertise and guidance to the wider organisation, and be a major contributor to the definition of the platform roadmap.
The platform is built with React and Contentful, and runs on Heroku.
A bit about you:
· You have 5+ years in software development, in e-commerce is a plus
· You have 2+ years in leading technical or architectural capacity
· You have an eye for detail but also know when to be pragmatic
· You have experience of designing application to run in a cloud environment and building responsive web applications using React
· You are excited by our vision to transform the shopping experience online
· You have a clear passion for fashion technology and other relevant industries so you can spot trends and opportunities to serve our users better
· You know when to ask for help and communicate early and often particularly when things are tough
· You have experience of working within a product team and understand agile methodology
· You have a desire to work in a fast-growth startup environment
Nice to have:
· Heroku with Heroku CI
· Experience working with headless CMS’s, specifically Contentful
· Be a member of a small growing team that is building something exceptional
· Competitive salary + EMI scheme available
· Company pension with matched contributions
· 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
· Work environment that values creativity, personal growth and collaboration
· Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
We want to hear from you. Apply here. email@example.com